Proven Treatments for your Residents
In a skilled nursing facility, residents may spend a great part of their day sitting in wheelchairs, walking with walkers, or on prolonged bed rest. In these positions, shoulders become rounded or hunched over, chests become caved in, and necks are flexed forward. Musculoskeletal pain, myofascitis, a decrease in cardiac and respiratory function, diminished circulation, constipation, headaches and other negative health processes can occur.
Additionally, all people need a human touch. Much of the touch provided in a facility is through patient care functions. Our treatments will provide your residents with a positive touch that has been clinically proven to provide extensive health benefits.
Treatments provided are not traditional chiropractic technique, but a combination of care including modalities tailored to each resident’s needs. We provide age-appropriate care including gentle joint mobilization, soft tissue massage, gentle stretching, trigger and pressure points to offer symptom relief, comfort and relaxation.
Our treatments compliment the care provided by your rehab team in restoring lost mobility.
Provided weekly, we offer non-pharmacological interventions to:
- Increase circulation
- Improve respiratory function
- Decrease Hypertension
- Improve posture
- Increase motion
- Improve ADL’s
- Reduce swelling
- Decrease in back pain, neck stiffness and headaches
- Decrease depression, anxiety and agitation
- Decrease stress
- Decrease muscle tension and tightness
- Improve duration and quality of sleep
- Dementia: Decrease anxiety and agitation in residents with Dementia
- Short-Term Residents: Care that may facilitate recovery
- Long-Term Residents: Care on a continuous basis that the residents looks forward to, enhances their quality of life, and offers a familiar face, a gentle touch, and immeasurable health benefits